1. We have planned for Summer Camp Online to unfold in similar ways to camp in real life. So treat the experience as 'real life'. We will be sharing the experience together with real people in real time, so a good mindset to have is to act as you normally would at camp 'face to face' with people. Keep in mind 'the God test' - is this conversation honouring to God? And 'the Parent test' if parents were hearing this would they be comfortable with this interaction.
2. We encourage and recommend that you engage the Faithlife platform either through a computer or tablet rather than a smart phone.
3. Use these forms of technology in an open area where people can see you or there are others present.
4. Please never attempt to message anyone 'one on one' and don't use any direct message features to contact an another individual on camp. All streams of communication MUST happen in an open and public manner in the group feed, virtual meeting or in the group messaging feature.
5. If you receive a direct message for another individual at camp please don't reply to it and have your parent/guardian contact PYV Leadership. (Andrew Edmonds Youth Ministries Director on 0492 906 245 or Camp Convenors Zack & Bec Grace on 0466 305 366).
6. Cyber bullying in anyway will not be tolerated. PYV Summer Camp Online has a strict "no cyber bullying" rule. Any camper found to be engaging in inappropriate or bullying conduct during the camp will be removed from access to the camp and their parents informed. More info about cyber bullying can be found at www.esafety.gov.au.
7. PYV Leadership will remove a camper from the online camp if the camper has posted content or comments that the leadership deem to be inappropriate or un-edifying. PYV Leadership will contact the parents of the camper and notify them of this.
8. We are private (closed group) but public (everything happens in a group setting). Everyone should seek to be transparent in our online ministry.
9. There is a difference between just observing something online and being an active participant, again this is camp and we are seeking to engage and encourage you through this experience. So go for it! The more you give to camp the more you will benefit from camp. Further Camp Safety guidance information relating to campers, leaders and parents can be found at www.pyv.org.au.
For the Safe Church Guidelines for Online Ministry click here.