The purpose of PYV is to make and nurture disciples of the Lord Jesus among youth and children in Victoria.
PYV's objectives are:
- Provide an annual 'Summer Camp' where the good news of Jesus is presented clearly and positively to a large group of youth from across Victoria
- Provide shorter regional day events 'Big Days Out' to connect Presbyterian youth groups together and support the youth ministry of smaller Presbyterian congregations
- Support regional and local Presbyterian youth initiatives as they arise
- To train and equip youth and children with the theological tools and Biblical knowledge
- To provide advice and training to Presbyterian youth ministry as requested
- Carefully recruit and support volunteer leaders
- Have a reputation for the Gospel of Jesus, safety and positive experiences
The work of the PYC committee is divided into six subcommittees, overseen by the PYC committee.
- Strategy and Operations: plan and implement the committee's work.
- Finance Subcommittee: prepare budgets and organise payments and reimbursements
- Policy and Procedure: regularly revise and review the 'Events Manual'
- Promotions: promote the work of the PYV
- Leadership Accreditation: process expressionships of interest from people who wish to become volunteer leaders
- Interview Panel: Interview and review a Youth and Children's Worker