Have a heart for Jesus and a desire to the share the good news about Him with the youth of Victoria? Come join us!
We are committed to providing our youth with leaders who are equipped to nurture them, teach them and look out for them. All leaders are required to:
- Believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and Saviour and believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the Word of God.
- Have completed Safe Church Basic Training and submitted a Volunteer Approval Process to the Safe Church Representative of your local church (before applying below).
- Hold a valid Victorian Working with Children Check (WWCC).
To lead with PYV:
- Express interest to a member of the Leadership Accreditation subcommittee (LAC) or to the admin worker (e: email@example.com).
- Fill in the Leader Application Form to outline your training and experience. After you have submitted this a member of the LAC will get in contact with you to continue the process.
- Add PYV to the list of organisations you volunteer with on your WWCC:
|Organisation name||Presbyterian Youth Victoria|
|Postal number and street||268 Canterbury Road|
Interested in serving but don't feel ready yet? In year 12 and thinking of leading with PYV after you graduate? Speak to your pastor to find out how you could be equipped to lead. You may want to consider a short traineeship like the YouthMETRO program: a one-year, part time, church-based traineeship that aims to equip trainees in being, thinking and serving like Jesus.